KIA HIWA RᾹ! KIA HIWA RᾹ!
Theme: Kaitiakitaka: Te Tai Ao and Te Ao Hurihuri | Guardian Protectors of Our Environment and Ever Changing World
This Otago Polytechnic symposium on Thursday 3 December will showcase Māori research on a wide range of issues concerned with human and environmental wellbeing.
The objectives of this Symposium are to:
- nurture research conduced by Māori staff and students - that is, research undertaken by Māori, for Māori, or with Māori
- provide opportunities to share Māori research fields and expertise
- showcase and celebrate the depth and breadth of Māori-led or Māori-partnered research conducted at Otago Polytechnic and across Aotearoa.
This is the third Māori symposium hosted by the Polytechnic, following on from the inaugral Tā Moko Symposium held in 2014 and Mauri Ora Symposium held in 2018.
The Kaitiakitaka theme may include:
- Te Tai Ao - Environment
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi - Treaty of Waitangi
- Te Hurihuri o Te Ao - Our Changing World
Otago Polytechnic encourages presenters at the Kaitiakitaka Symposium to consider publishing their work in our SCOPE: Kaupapa Kāi Tahu 2021 publication, which will also focus on the same theme.
The video shows only the keynotes from the day, along with streamed sessions held in The Hub